Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

I am so glad Aaron has had the opportunity to go with his siblings and dad on a trip and do adventurous stuff, but I miss my camera!!!  Today is Palm Sunday.  Every year on Palm Sunday our church has a special beginning to the service with the choir that I help with (4 and 5 year olds) singing at the beginning as well as all of the children (starting with the ones that can sit up and be pulled in little wagons up to 6th grade, I think) parade in waving palm branches.  Last year Blake refused to march in.  For some strange reason he just got freaked out and wouldn't go.  So, I was so glad to see that he was up for the challenge today.  Boy do I wish I had had my camera for the cuteness!!  How precious to see all of these children march in waving Palm branches just like the people did for Jesus.  Our choir was the last to parade in then proceed to the stage to sing.  They did a great job!  You just never know what you might get when you have 4 and 5 year olds up there.  But, they did great. 

Now, we are waiting for Aaron to get home.  We've been keeping tabs on his airplane's progress on the airline website.  The boys think it is too neat!  They'll be in bed by the time he gets home, though.  They aren't flying into the closest airport to us but the one that is 4 hours away.  So, it will be pretty late before he gets in.

We've had a terific day, but everyone is ready to see Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment