Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh, the Little Things

So, what little thing meant the most today??

Hearing Connor read a really tough book to me.  And, it has become one of my new favorites...Rooster Can't Cock-a-doodle-doo.  We got it a long time ago from the Imagination Library but never read it.  It is so cute.  I'm super proud of Connor doing so good on it.

Connor had his last swimming lesson for this month.  I wish I had counted how many times he swam back and forth from one end of the pool to the other.  Plus, at the end he started diving again too!

Before I went to pick up Connor at school, Blake and I ran into the grocery store.  Right at the front they had a $1 book blow-out sale going on.  There wasn't much there to choose from but there was a rocket ship shaped book that Blake loved.  So, for $1 how can you go wrong.  When we picked up Connor, Connor asked Blake if he could see it.  Blake's response was too cute and a testimony of how kids listen to everything you say..."Yes, you may."

Another cute story of Blake happened when he was taking a bath this morning.  He asked me to bring him the "squishy rocket ship."  I had no idea what he was talking about.  As I thought I got to wondering if he was talking about the torpedo we take to the beach.  So, I went and got it.  When I gave it to him he kept referring to it as a rocket ship.  So, I said "Actually, it is called a torpedo."  to which Blake responded "Actually, it is a rocket ship."  Okay, you win for being cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment