Friday, April 8, 2011

Lunch, Toy Store and Donuts...What a day!!

Our local Chick-fil-a (or Chick-a-way as Blake calls it) does a promotion every few months where you can go in on a certain day, buy whatever you want, save your green receipt and come back during a specified time period to redeem the same thing on the receipt for FREE!!  So, Blake and I got to cash in on our green receipt today.  Boy was that place busy today!!  Not sure what was going on, but for 11:30 it was a mad-house and stayed that way the entire hour we were there.  Blake was so good.  He sat at the table with me, ate his lunch and waited so patiently for me while I finished my lunch.  Then, I let him play in the play area for a little while.  He was so good the entire time.  He is such a great listener, played nicely with others and no complaining when we had to leave.

Blake and his chicken nuggets with ranch.  Gotta have ranch!!

Now, tonight Aaron had to go to church for a musical presentation rehearsal.  So, I was trying to think of what the boys and I could do.  Well, Connor has a birthday party tomorrow, so I decided we'd take a trip to the toy store to go ahead and get the present so we didn't have to in the morning.  It was a great trip.  I looked around for a present while the boys played with two of the train tables they have there.  They had the best time.  And, when it was time to go, I was not embarrassed by my children making a scene.  They don't typically make a scene but you just never know what could happen when two boys are having a great time playing AND aren't allowed to get any new toys for themselves.  It was strictly a birthday present mission!  And, the mission was completed successfully with only 1 thing purchased!!!

Next on the agenda was stopping at one of the local donut shops to pick up some donuts for breakfast in the morning.  Who am I kidding???  We also enjoyed one a piece as a snack tonight too!!   :)  Now the boys are playing together and having a great time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment