Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Fun Outside

I am so thankful for the wonderful weather we have been having.  Last night was the first night in several days that we didn't spend the evening outside (we were at church until after dark).  Connor has started learning to ride his bike with no training wheels!  His friend across the street that is 2 months younger than Connor learned last summer, so Connor has been eager to learn just like Spencer.  Plus, he's noticed that the training wheels slow him down, and he can't keep up with Spencer.  It's all about speed!  Hopefully he'll have it down pat in the next couple of days.  He's doing pretty good but for some reason he decides to stop peddling and then, of course, he falls.  He he would just keep peddling he'd be riding with no problems.  I thought I had a couple of pictures, but they were just videos.  I'll try to get some tonight and post them tomorrow.

The boys have also enjoyed riding their other vehicles around.  Blake decided he wanted to ride Connor's scooter as well.  Very cute, but not the safest thing ever!  HA! 


The boys going for a ride together

He's not good at steering yet.

Oops, ran out of gas.  Like father, like son.





Tuesday night Aaron got the 'great' idea to get the water balloons out too.  So, Connor and Spencer had the best time with Aaron throwing water balloons at them.  They did not want to stop.  Not to worry, we probably have 450 left!  (Thanks, Aunt Joy!!)

Our day today has been spent by going to the Y for me to workout and then a trip to Hobby Lobby.  I had Connor's 1 year picture framed and it hangs in our foyer.  I recently got Blake's 1 year picture back from the photographer, so I thought I'd go get it framed today.  The only one they had that matched Connor's frame had a huge gash on one side.  So, they've ordered me one.  Hopefully I'll have it Tuesday.  I'm anxious to have both of them hanging up in the foyer.  We then left Hobby Lobby to get Aaron for lunch.  We went to Chick-fil-a.  We use to go once every week or so, but we haven't been in forever, so we went to eat and let the kids play around for a while. 

When we got home I put Blake to bed, and he's still sleeping 3 1/2 hours later!  I put  Connor down a little later, and he's still down as well too.  Connor has soccer practice at 5:15, so I'll have to get them up and going here pretty soon. I'm thinking that I'll get Aaron to grill hamburgers tonight.  I try to do something fast and easy on soccer nights so that we aren't eating really late.  And, with the beautiful weather, I want Connor and Blake to have time to play outside before it gets dark.  More memories to make playing outside tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment