Sunday, April 4, 2010

Glimpses of Our Weekend

Wow!  What a wonderful weekend we have had.  It all started with the arrival of Nana and Grandaddy Friday afternoon.  The boys were so excited for them to come for a visit.  Upon their request, we had grilled hamburgers for supper.  I think Aaron has almost perfected his hamburger recipe.  It's been kind of a running joke between Aaorn and myself that his hamburgers aren't as good as our friend Aaron B's hamburgers but he got really close this time.  I'd say within the next couple of grillings he'll have it down pat.

After supper I got the great idea that we'd go to a local bakery for cupcakes and a visit to the depot for the kids to play around on the trains.  We got there just time in to get some cupcakes before they closed.  Then we went down to the depot and had a little cupcake picnic.  Aaron and I got strawberry, Connor got chocolate and Rick and Brenda had carrot cake cupcake.  They were wonderful.  Then the kids enjoyed playing around on the trains.  Blake especially enjoyed ringing the train's bell.   

Saturday was a very busy day for me.  I decided to dump all of the tubs with kids' clothes out in the floor and start reorganizing all of them according to size.  I really needed to get the infant clothes sorted so that Tish could take those on to her house for Reece to use.  That was such a chore.  I had no idea it would take me so long.  But, I am so glad it is done.  I ended up with 2 tubs that just had 0-3 months clothes in one and 3-6 month clothes in the other.  That's what you get when your kids are born in different seasons...TONS OF CLOTHES!!!  Now I've got all the kids' clothes organized all the way up to size 7 (Joy has already given more some of Alex's clothes that are that size).

Aaron also decided to try to perfect his rib making this weekend as well.  He started with a rib rub that he put on the ribs Friday night.  Then he whipped up some other concoction with a tons of spices in it.  He cooked them in the oven for about 3 hours which made my house smell heavenly.  Then he cooked them on the grill for 45 minutes.  They were really good.  There are 2 spices he plans to leave out the next time.  But, other than that, they were pretty good.

Funny story in closing.  As we are sitting at the table eating, Aaron starts going around the table getting Blake to say each of our names.  He goes through Nana and Grandaddy, Alan, Connor, Mommy, Daddy and then gets to Tish.  Whenever Aaron would tell him to say Tish, Blake would make a kissy face and sound.  He did it over and over.  So, evidently whenever we say Tish, he hears kiss.  It is too cute, though.  He even did it again today at lunch when we tried to get him to say Tish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment