Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Outside Kind of Day

What a beautiful week this has turned out to be.  Today we were invited to meet some friends at a local church's playground.  We packed up a lunch and off we went.  Connor and Blake both had a terrific time.  Blake loves, loves, loves the swings.  He got so mad at me when I asked if he wanted to get down to play with Connor.  Connor asked if we could go back there again sometime.  Hopefully this will be a weekly tradition over the next few weeks.  I was totally unprepared and forgot the camera!  I thought of it as I was packing the bag, but the thought escaped before I actually made it to get the camera.  So, sorry, no pictures today either.  Both kids were DIRTY by the time we got home.  So, I threw them in the tub, scrubbed them down and put them to bed, yes, even with wet hair.  Blake had skipped his morning nap so he was practically begging to go down for a nap.  Connor admitted to be very tired and ready for bed as well.  This was very surprising because it was only 1:00.  But, I wasn't arguing with them.  I was tired myself.  Today was my 3:40 morning to be up, and I was pretty exhausted myself.  So, we all took naps today.

Connor was in desperate need of a haircut, so we went and did that after a nap.  Then I took him over to Aaron's office for the two of them to go to Connor's first soccer practice of the season.  I need to do some Easter shopping without Connor so this was the perfect time.  I'll not be able to take Blake next year with me.  Aaron said Connor had a terrific practice.  He never got caught on the red light, green light game.  He was able to steal the ball away from the coach first of all his team mates and when the team was racing to kick balls in the goal, Connor got the first two balls in the goal.  Hopefully this will be his best season. 

Tomorrow we have a make-up swim lesson at 8:15, so it will be an early morning for us.  The in-laws are coming in town tomorrow afternoon, so we've got to prepare for their arrival including getting some hamburger grilling stuff as well as rib grillings stuff. 

I'll close with this remark..."I'M SO GLAD IT IS WARM!!!!"  What a blessed day.  My heart smiled a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment