Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mini Vacation

Okay, so I didn't get back on here to blog yesterday afternoon.  I had opened at the Y for the 3 day in 4 days (today is 4 days in 5 days) and I was exhausted, so I napped.  That was my story today too except I don't think I actually ever fell asleep, just rested.  Anyway, back to our story.

So, last week was somewhat of a relaxing week for me.  The boys went to the in-law's house for the week.  They are so sweet to take the boys about 3 times a year for a week at a time.  Connor always has a blast and this was Blake's first visit just Connor and himself.  Aaron had a business trip to Atlanta, so since the boys were gone I decided to tag along.  And, I am so glad I did.

We left Monday afternoon for Atlanta.  Our directions to our hotel took us through some of the nicest neighborhoods I have ever seen.  I've seen some pretty big houses in Memphis and Collierville, but it was nothing compared to what some of these homes looked like.  I mean, I bet most of them were at least 10,000 square feet.  Just MONSTERS!!  They were beautiful, but boy I shouldn't wouldn't want to be in charge of cleaning those.  Of course, cleaning is what I thought about!  HA!!  Anyways, once we got there we went to the Atlanta Fish Market for supper.  Aaron had been there the last time he had a meeting there.  So, he insisted that I'd love it.  It was pretty good.  After supper we headed on out to find our hotel. 

On the way up the street we noticed there were 2 Hyatts.  One very basic but nice hotel and then the other was amazingly beautiful Hyatt.  Figuring that our hotel was the basic but nice hotel, we decided anyways to just pull up to the valet only Hyatt hotel to just see what their address just in hopes that it was the address of our hotel.  Just as we figured, it was not our hotel.  That was okay.  We headed on over to our hotel and checked in.  It was nice and we enjoyed our stay there. 

Aaron had meetings from 8:30-5:30 Tuesday-Thursday, so I had lots of time to do whatever I wanted to do.  So, Tuesday I waited around the hotel until around 9:45 just so that the stores would be open when I went out walking.  I first stopped off at the Chick-fil-a half a block from our hotel for a chicken biscuit and sweet tea.  Then off on an adventure that I wasn't sure where it would lead to.  Aaron had said there was tons of shopping all along this road, and I took his word at it.  But, really there wasn't.  It was mostly office buildings and restaurants.  So, I walked and walked and walked for what seemed like forever.  Of course, wearing sandals with heels will always make you feel as though you've walked further than you have.  I think now that I pushed more crosswalk buttons this past week alone than I have in my entire life.  I've just never had the need to cross so many busy streets!!! 

So, after walking about 30 minutes I finally saw the Lenox Mall.  One more busy intersection to cross!  Since I had walked, I really didn't need to do much shopping because I'd have to tote it all the way back to the hotel.  So, I only purchased a couple of things (including some stocking stuffers!!) and found several things in Crate and Barrel that I wanted, so I brought Aaron back that night to get my Crate and Barrel purchase.  We went to eat supper at Maggiano's.  We shared a meal of lobster fettuccine and then of course Tiramisu. 

Wednesday I did a little shopping right around our hotel. I didn't venture out too far.  I had had a crick in my neck and shoulders since Sunday and my left arm hurt so bad that I couldn't raise it up.  I had my normal monthly chiropractor visit the Monday that we left for Atlanta and he had helped but I was still hurting.  Well, in my adventures for the day I spotted a Massage Envy!!!  I had gone to one while at the beach a couple of years ago.  So, I went to see if they could work me in that afternoon.  They were able to about 2 hours later.  So, I just headed back to the hotel to just relax and read until massage time.  She helped so much.  I was extremely sore for 2 days.  But, when I left Massage Envy I no longer had a crick and I could raise my arm all the way up!!!  Money and time well spent.  Aaron and I ate at Maggiano's again Wednesday night.  We went driving around trying to figure out where to eat and both decided we'd be happy to eat there again. 

Thursday I hung around the hotel until check-out time and read.  Then I headed out to the mall again, this time driving.  I stayed there until Aaron called and told me he was ready to leave.  When I went to the car it was coming a serious flood!!  I had taken my umbrella in but that sure didn't help the lower part of my body at all.  My legs and feet were drenched!!  We got home Thursday night and the boys came home Friday afternoon.

Connor had his first soccer game Saturday.  Nana and Grandaddy stayed around to watch the game and then left out.  But, Pa also came and stuck around until Sunday afternoon.  Connor went with my dad to some softball games at the local university here.  They both had a great time.  We went to church on Sunday morning and then Dad went back to the softball fields.  But, we all stayed here and napped all afternoon.  It was great.  After naps we went outside and Connor started learning to ride his bike.  Fun times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment