Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm Turning into a Slacker

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted.  Not much has been going on around here.  Aaron was gone on a business trip again this week until Wednesday night.  I had to brave the Nashville storms Sunday morning to take him to the airport only for him to wait and wait and wait for his flight to finally take off due to the weather.  Thankfully we didn't get the floods that Nashville and the surrounding areas did.

This week has been filled with swimming lessons, playing outside and soccer.  It is finally nice and warm outside.  Connor and Blake both love to be outside, so we've taken advantage of the nice weather.  Connor had taken about 2 weeks off of riding his bike, so we weren't really sure if he'd remember what he had learned earlier about riding his bike with no training wheels.  But, last night he hopped on and took off.  He is officially a 2-wheel rider.  He had the best time riding with the little boy from across the street last night.  Connor only has a 12 inch bike and Spencer has a 16 inch bike, so Connor trailed behind Spencer a lot just because he had a smaller bike that doesn't go as fast.  But, he's going to be getting a new bike for his birthday, so that will take care of that.  When we came in last night Connor exclaimed "I'm so proud of myself!!"  Just the sweetest thing.  When he went to bed last night he said that he was going to get up this morning and start riding again.  I was sorry to tell him that this morning was a school morning at church so playing outside would have to wait until afternoon.  Thankfully he was okay with that.  So, when I pick him up in a few minutes we'll probably be spending the rest of the afternoon outside.

Sorry, but I haven't taken any pictures lately.  I told ya, I"m a slacker this week.  I'll try to do better this weekend.  Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment