Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Aaron and His Dreams

If you have known me any amount of time, you probably are aware that my crazy husband has crazy dreams.  He has actually been to the doctor about migraines and the topic of his crazy dreams came up.  Come to find out, when most of us are in REM sleep, our body is paralyzed.  Aaron's body, on the other hand, is not paralyzed.  Therefore he acts out stuff.

I have experienced everything from Aaron pulling the ceiling fan out of the ceiling while it was going (and not even remembering it the next morning) to seeing little people crawling around on our bedroom floor, to falling out of the bed, not knowing it and thinking the big thud that he made as he fell out of the bed was a burglar, to rolling over, staring at me and me asking "What are you doing?"  "Trying to figure out who you are."  "Have you figured it out yet?"  "Yeah, you're that woman I married."  "Do you know my name?"  "Yeah, Jennifer." to pulling the sheet off of the bed in the middle of the night because something is in the sheets.  I mean the list goes on and on FOREVER!!!!  And, might I add...this all started the night we got married!!!  I didn't get warned ahead of time about this.  You can imagine what I was thinking as I dealt with that one. 

Well, the past two nights have been interesting.  We can't find a common denominator of what sets these off.  He can go several weeks with nothing and them BAM! we're hit with several in a row.  Night before last he jumped up on the bed.  I'm so use to this now I usually just respond with "Aaron, you're asleep.  Lay down and go back to sleep NOW!"  I did this and got the response of "I am awake."  I said "No you're not.  Go to sleep."  Then he responded with the funnest "Yes, I am awake.  See, 2+3=5, so there!!!"  GEEZ!!!  Then last night I had gotten woken up by something through Blake's baby monitor.  Sounded like something serious had fallen in our house.  I think it was just the net toy holder in their bathroom.  But, anyways, I got up and checked the entire house trying to figure out what it was.  By then I was wide awake.  I went back to bed and tossed and turned.  Once I was almost asleep I get hit with the sheet and comforter thrown on top of me and Aaron jumping up on the bed.  I yelled at him to stop and the only response I got was "Oh, I thought you were something else."  Of course, in 10 seconds flat he's back asleep and yet I'm still trying to go back to sleep 30 minutes later. 

I really should have taken the advice of many people at the beginning of our marriage and written all of this stuff down.  I've experience some of the funniest things in Aaron's dreams.  Thankfully he doesn't ever try to hurt me.  He has tried to hold me down a couple of times because he thought I was some bad person, but thankfully I've been able to get him to fully wake up during those.  And, yes, apparently my children have inherited this!!  Connor and Blake both talk in their sleep.  And, when Connor has slept with me before, I've caught him talking and looking through the sheets for stuff.  He has the same glazed over eyes that Aaron has when he does the same thing.  At least I'll be able to warn Blake and Connor's wives!  heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment