Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy Saturday

Well, both boys decided that 6:30 was a great time to wake-up this morning.  Actually, Connor told me that Blake woke him up which I am really surprised at.  But, nonetheless three of us were up at 6:30 and had eaten breakfast by 7:15ish.  Then I decided it was time to get my oven cleaned.  It has needed it for some time, but I kept putting it off because of the nasty smell it puts out while it's doing it thing for 2 or 3 hours.  But, I figured since it was nice outside I could just open the windows downstairs and I'd be fine.  I think my peach cobbler exploding Thursday night was what made me decide I HAD to clean it this time.  That was such a mess.  So, about 7:30 I started that, what I anticipated, smelly job.  It wasn't as bad this time around.  The last time I did it it was in the dead of winter, the house stunk so bad I had to stop the cleaning process and the boys and I went to Aaron's office for a while as the smell went away.  It was so cold outside I couldn't open all the windows.  That was not a bright idea.  So, I've learned cleaning the oven needs to be done when it is nice outside.

Then I got myself ready and Connor ready, put Blake down for what I thought would be an hour long nap and Connor and I went to "register" for birthday presents at the local toy store (I found out later that Blake ended up not sleeping while I was gone).  That was lots of fun.  He picked out much better stuff this time.  Then back home for a quick lunch and then off to soccer for pictures and a game.  Boy was it hot out there.  Blake's hair was so wet by the time we left.  Both boys had to have baths again.  Then a short nap before we were off for birthday party #1 for the weekend.  While the boys were napping I did some touch-up painting.  The walls were in desperate need of a good touch-up job.  I got about 1/2 of what I wanted done downstairs.  I'll try to finish up downstairs and maybe the upstairs bonus room tomorrow.

The birthday party was at a local gymnastics studio.  The kids had the best time, although they wouldn't let Blake out there.  They said he had to be 3 years old.  Thankfully he was fairly content at staying behind the wall and watching Connor.  I wish I could have done the stuff they were doing.  We just might do Connor's party there next year.  I didn't realize they did parties there.  But, it is a great location.  I bet you can't guess what we did when we got home?!?!  Yes, Connor rode and rode and rode his bike.  While the boys were outside, I came in and cleaned up the stuff in the oven.  Tomorrow is church and then yet another birthday party which happens to be at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment