Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I have had a terrific Mother's Day today.  Yesterday when I got home from the Y, I put my stuff on the table and didn't even turn towards the kitchen.  Aaron came in and said "Smell that?  What does it smell like?"  Since he had been working off and on all day on the cabinet (yes, he took an over 6 month break from working on it.  I'm trying very hard to be patient.) I said "Saw dust!"  I got a blank look and then he told me to turn around.  It was a beautiful bouquet of flowers that he and the boys had gone and gotten while I was gone.  My downstairs smells just like a florest now.  I think these are the prettiest flowers I have gotten in a long time.


Today was pretty much like any other Sunday.  We got up and went to church.  Aaron and I kept the babies in the nursery today.  I was suppose to keep Blake's age next week, but evidently they needed me to switch for some reason.  After church I got to pick where I wanted to eat.  So, I picked Mexican.  I figured I better pick what typically gets voted down since Aaron and I like two different Mexican restaurants.  This particular restaurant gives out roses to all the moms on Mother's Day (I know this because this is what I normally pick on Mother's Day as well.).  So, I ended up with yet another pink rose at the restaurant.

Blake fell asleep on the way home.  Connor wanted to ride his bike when we got home.  So, Aaron worked on painting some outdoor furniture, Connor rode his bike and I got in a cleaning mood.  I ended up getting the entire front porch all cleared off cob webs and yucky stuff.  I scrubbed the door, top of the porch and columns.  It looks so good again.  I was worn out when I came back in and had great visions of taking a nice rest on the couch and watching a little tv.  As I opened the door, I was greeted by a 6 foot guy and a 2 1/2 foot guy!  He was already awake.  I couldn't believe it.  So, I didn't get the rest I had envisioned, but that was okay.  I did sent Connor on down for a nap.

Aaron grilled for us tonight.  We had grilled salmon and tilapia on Friday night and both had another piece of each left.  So, Aaron fired up the grill again.  I made sweet potatoes and squash to go along with it.  It was heavenly. 

As promised, here are a few pictures of the little guys.  Have a great week!!
The boys love the sandbox!  Playing here as become a nightly ritual.


For some strange reason, Blake decided to pull the gas pump down the street.  Apparently he also decided to sit on it!  I love living in a cul-de-sac!!

No comments:

Post a Comment