Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Near Perfect Day!

Okay, so the meaning behind my title is that if we could have the weather 365 days a year that we had today, it would be the most perfect climate EVER!!  I couldn't have asked for anything better. 

So, our morning started off with a trip to the Y.  I'm trying my hardest not to be a slacker at working out, although that is something that I sure could slack on.  I wish I loved it more than I do.  I had to watch my time there really closely since the kids can only be there for a total of 2 hours a day, and I like to take Blake up there during Connor's swimming lessons.  So, typically my workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays are shorter than they should be.  But, hey, I got 30 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes or so of strength training.  Better than nothing.  I've been really watching how fast I go on the elliptical and am trying some interval training on it, so I've be drenched in sweat (I know, maybe a little more info than you'd like to have) once I get done and can't wait to get home to shower. 

Once we got home and I was nice and squeaky clean again, we went outside for the boys to play.  Of course, Connor rode and rode and rode his bike.  Then Blake disappeared to the back yard, so I was able to convince Connor to play back there then.  They played in the sandbox and then on their swing set.  We came back in to get cleaned up and headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch with Jill and Hayden.  The boys played there too.  By the time we got home, Blake was exhausted.  I typically like to give them both baths when we get home from playing in public playmazes and such, but Blake was begging for his bed.  So, I sent both of them to bed. 

Connor had swimming lessons at 4:00.  I am just amazed as how well he is doing.  He is finally doing great at swimming on top of the water.  It was like pulling teeth to get him to stay on top because he can just fly through the water, under the water.  But, he's getting his arm motions going and today was even able to keep his face in the water and turn his head to the side for air every 4th time.  After a quick shower at the Y, we headed to church for choir, supper and then Missions Friends.

Now, we're back home, I'm blogging and Aaron, Connor and Blake are outside, again, getting one last bike ride in for the night.  I think we may go shopping for Connor's birthday decorations and such tomorrow.  I might even take him to the toy store to "register" for stuff he wants for his birthday.  I wanted to do that sometime when Blake wasn't with us, but I'm running out of time since his party is in a little over a week.

What a wonderful heart-smiling day.  Did your heart smile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment