Friday, March 19, 2010

As promised, here is a picture of my heavenly crockpot pork loin from last night along with my cheese potatoes. This recipe came from a friend at the Y. You can checkout her blog here. Basically the recipe is one can of cream of mushroom soup, one can golden mushroom soup and one can of French onion soup. Mix all the soups together and pour in the crockpot with the pork loin and cook all day.

The cheese potatoes are my mother-in-law's recipe (or actually I think she said her mom or grandmother's recipe). All you need to do for the pototes is layer sliced potatoes, salt and pepper, butter, cheese slices, and a dusting of flour. Keep layering these until you have as much as you need. This is one of those recipes where you don't measure anything, you just dump it all in. I cooked mine yesterday at 400 for about 45 minutes and then turned it down to 350 for about 30 more minutes. I think I typically just do it on 350 for about an hour and a half. But, I was a little pressed for time. Connor is not really big on potatoes, but he loved these last night. Since I had a supper meeting last night, I didn't get to have any last night (this is Aaron's plate) so I'm looking forward to my lunch today!!!!





This morning Connor decided he wanted chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. But, not just plain chocolate chip pancakes. The pancakes had to be colored with food coloring. It took a while to figure out which color to use but he finally decided on blue.




He stirred for a little while and then I finished it up.



I always make Blake's pancakes first with no chocolate chips because he makes the biggest mess every time with chocolate. Plus, I'm not really ready for him to be chowing down on sugar all the time. I don't think he realizes that he's being left out! :) He always seems to enjoy them.


Of course, Connor loved his pancakes.

Being able to cook pancakes together this morning made our hearts smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment