Monday, March 15, 2010

Afternoon Update and New Words


Well, it appears I'm going to have a quiet night. Aaron is off to the pool at Tech to practice his kayaking rolls. Connor asked to go, and much to my surprise, Aaron agreed to it. So, Blake and I are just hanging out together. Thanks to Aunt Joy, Blake has succeeded in dumping out ALL his 200+ foam blocks out in the floor as I type this blog and is playing with the mega phone that Uncle Mark gave Connor Christmas before last. I didn't think I ever did anything to Mark to make him mad, but evidently I did since he gave us this mega phone! HA! But, I digress.

Basically, I just wanted to update Connor's swim lessons from this afternoon. I had intentions of dropping Blake off in YPlay, taking Connor downstairs to the pool for lessons and then heading to the Wellness floor to workout. Then, I decided against this plan. I'm trying so hard to not put things in front of my kids (computer, cleaning or workouts in this case) because they grow up so fast. I don't want to be missing anything. I have started feeling guilty recently for putting other things in front of doing things with them. Now, this is not my excuse to not workout or clean or whatever, but I think watching Connor practice his swimming is very important to him, and I love to see his progress. So, I put the workout clothes up and went to the pool with him. He did so great. He never wears a float belt in class now and feels so comfortable without it.
Today they practiced swimming on their back, a new arm movement (sorry, I have no idea on the correct lingo for swimming "moves") and a new leg "frog" movement. Connor will tell you he's no good at the frog movement and can't understand that he'll eventually get it just like he has with every other swimming technique. Then he did what he said was the best part of swimming. His teacher, Willem, dropped a big, weighted letter "B" to the bottom of the pool and had him go for it. He did it over and over on the first try. I was so proud. He felt so proud of himself. He likes to point out that the girl he was in class with didn't do it as good as he did, but I'll take up for her and tell you she tried her hardest. She just couldn't get it on the first try every time like Connor was able to do. They then went on the 6 foot end and let them jump in, still no float belt.

When we went to pick up Aaron at work, Connor said he wished that Daddy hadn't had to go to work today so he could have gone to lessons. Aaron has always been able to go to his lessons, but this sesson only had Mon/Wed classes and since we have choir at church Wednesday night at 5:00, Connor had to take the 4:00 class, which means Aaron can't be there. Hearing about this made Aaron sad, so he's going to skip lunch Wednesday so he doesn't feel bad leaving early and will be able to go to Connor's last lesson on Wednesday.

So, now I thought I'd finish up this post with a list of words Blake uses now and what they mean. He is so vocal now. I think we're going to have another major talker on our hands.


Mommy, Mom (obvious)

DaDa, Daddy (again, obvious)

Nonna = Connor

Pippy = Sippy

Nana = Nana

Mamey = Blakey

Nack = Snack

Shush = juice

Nigh Nigh = Night Night

No! (VERY obvious)

Baby (obvious)
Wow! (obvious) (He says this every morning when I open up the shades in his room)

Whoa (obvious)

Maman = Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment