Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stories

Not much has been going on around here so I thought I'd share a couple of stories.

A few days ago I was hanging out in Connor's room while he made his bed.  Then we started having a conversation that went something like this...

Con:  How old are you suppose to be to get married?
Me:  Well, that just depends.
Con:  In college?
Me:  Well, maybe.  Or maybe you should wait until after you graduate from college like Daddy and I did.
Con:  How do you know what day to get married?
Me:  Well, first you need to talk to God and make sure you are suppose to marry this girl.  Then, when you know she is the right one it just depends on whether you want a warm Spring or Summer day, cool pretty fall day or a decorated Christmas wedding.
Con:  Oh, okay.

Don't know what brought that on, but I just got so tickled that he'd even think to ask such questions.

Now for a Blake story...

He is just HILARIOUS!  You never know what he is going to say.  He's learned the word "boogie" (not sure from where) so anytime he has nose issues he runs to me pointing to his nose saying "BOOGIE, BOOGIE!!!"

This morning he walked into the room where I was, patted me on the leg and said "Simon sayaasss (says) touch your hair.  Simon sayaaass touch your nose."  So, I guess he's been playing Simon Says somewhere.

Last night I told Connor he would be going to school 2 hours late.  Blake then says "Blakey go school 'morrow too!"  When I told him he wasn't going tomorrow he just started bawling!!  I mean the worst frown, gigantic alligator tears...just sobbing!  So, I'm wondering if I'm going to have to enroll him in 2 days a week instead of just 1 day a week at Mother's Day Out. 

Oh, how my heart just smiles on a daily, well maybe hourly basis.  My boys are the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment