Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas #1

We have a new tradition that we started 2 years ago with my parents.  We have started having Christmas with my parents at my house.  It works out very nicely, especially since I am an only child.  I always make a Christmas dinner this year consisting of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry salad, cranberry sauce (a MUST for Connor), rolls and of course chocolate icebox pie.

After supper we opened presents with my mom and dad.  The kids also get their presents from Aaron and me at this time.  Here are some pictures of present opening.






We also had a first.  Aaron and I have been married for 9 years.  During this time we have lived in an apartment and 2 different houses all of which have had fireplaces.  And, we had NEVER used any of them.  Connor had kept asking over the past few weeks to use the fireplace.  We had planned to use it at Thanksgiving and then it was so warm outside that we just couldn't use it.  So, we finally decided to use it.  Here is the first light of the fireplace...


Do you see Jingles?  He showed up in the downstairs livingroom that day.  We figured he wanted to watch us open presents.  (He's on the mantle if you can't see him.)


No comments:

Post a Comment