Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas #2

After getting up and fixing a Christmas Eve breakfast, we head back to West TN to have Christmas with my Dad's side of the family.  Up until this year it has always been held at my grandparent's house.  But, this year we all thought it best they move into an assisted living facility.  So, we had to start a new tradition (which was very hard on me) of having Christmas Eve at my aunt and uncle's house.  It was the same as having it at Grandmother's house (as far as the people there and having a meal), but just not the same since that's all I've known for 30 years.  But, last Christmas I just knew it was going to be the last traditional Christmas Eve gathering with my grandparents (which was 100X harder than this Christmas for me).  Here are two pictures of the kids on the way to W.TN.

I looked back after a few minutes and found this sweet sight.  I thought
it was so cute that he put his blanket around his neck and
of course you will see his two rabbits that is a must for sleeping.

And, of course, Connor playing Harry Potter legos on the
iPad.  Give him the iPad
and he's good for the 3.5 hour trip.


This year we decided to have a breakfast meal for our Christmas Eve supper.  Grandmother and Granddaddy looked so good.  Here are some shots from the evening.

Look, isn't he so sweet?  He's 87 years old (88 in a week)!!

Grandmother and Granddaddy with the boys.

Monica and Connor.  They have such a sweet little bond.

Two cute little presents under the tree.

Our traditional picture under the tree. 
We've done this exact same pose since we were little. 
But, it has always been under Grandmother's tree until this year
(which, again, breaks my heart and makes me cry)

Now the same pose, but with my boys too.

Are they just sweet?!?!

Our turn!!!  Blake insisted on being in the picture too. 

Now with Grandmother


Although I was really missing being at Grandmother's house, we had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment