Monday, June 21, 2010

Remembering the Week

Not a whole lot has gone on this past week.  Monday was the start day for my Boot Camp that I signed up for at the Y.  The personal trainer is doing a 6 week Boot Camp.  I missed the first week because we were on vacation.  Monday was pretty tough for me.  I was so sore for about 3 days.  We did every kind of push up possible and tons of other arm workouts plus some different stations both inside and out.  Wednesday was even harder.  We sprinted on some hills.  I thought I was going to die.  This is just no hill...it is almost straight up!  We did that FOREVER and then threw around medicine balls, ran with medicine balls and did more sprints on a different, much less steep hill.  Friday was the hottest.  We did different sprint circuits and such outside.  We were all sweating so much.  I could hardly see several times because I kept getting sweat in my eyes and they were BURNING!!!!  But, I survived, minus the quad that I hurt in the warm up.  Thankfully it is so much better today.  I was really worried that I had torn my quad with the severe pain I was in.  Chris had told me, though, that he'd modify my workout if I was still in pain tomorrow.  But, I don't think that will be necessary.

Connor and I went to the neighbor's house to their pool on Tuesday while Blake was at Mother's Day Out.  We are planning on making this a weekly tradition until he heads off to school in about 6 weeks.  Thursday Connor had a friend over.  He and Drake play so well together.  They never fussed or anything.  Bless their hearts, though.  They were tortured by Blake until I could finally get him to sleep.  Aaron said he knew what Blake was going through.  He remembered being the little guy at home with his siblings having friends over and feeling left out.  I even caught Blake laying in front of Connor's bedroom door, begging to be let in.  So pitiful.  But, that was the only way Connor and Drake could play in peace.  That night, Drake and his mom came and picked up Connor for Vacation Bible School.  This was Connor's first experience with VBS.  He's always been too young to go.  He had such a great time.  Our VBS starts this week and he can hardly wait.  We went by LifeWay Saturday to purchase him the official VBS shirt for the year. 

Friday night we went to watch the much anticipated Toy Story 3.  I have been so excited about this movie since we saw the first preview during the movie Up last Summer.  It was so good!!!  Connor and I just love Toy Story so much. 

Sometime during the week, Connor told me he wanted to get Aaron a new Bible for Father's Day.  How sweet!  So, Saturday afternoon we went to LifeWay to checkout what they had.  They had the most perfect Bible for Aaron.  It is called something like Bible for the Busy Daddy.  It is just a smaller (in size) Bible with 52 little devotions scattered around in it.  Aaron really racked up on the gifts this year.  Connor made him a card in VBS, he and Blake made foot print cards at the Y last week with a cute little poem attached to it,  Connor made him a homemade card Saturday night and then Connor made him another picture in Sunday School yesterday morning.

So, that was a glimpse into our week.  VBS is all this week, so it should be fun-filled as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment