Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mr. Pibb, Please

Okay, a disclaimer here at the very beginning.  We do not keep any kinds of "cokes" (I'm using this term to mean any kind of carbonated drink) at our house.  Blake is not ever given his own coke to drink.  Being that he is a moocher, sometimes he finds a sucker to let him have a drink of their coke.  And, I dare say that has been less than half a dozen times during his lifetime.  I try to limit Connor's cokes to Sprite and only at certain restaurants.  So, it doesn't even happen very often to Connor.  Okay, so now that that is off my chest and the grandparents (and the dietician that I love! ) don't think I fill my kids with cokes all the time I will proceed with my story.

After Mother's Day Out today, Connor, Blake and I made a quick trip to Sam's.  We only needed three things, so the trip should be in and out.  The kids were great, so we stopped by the snack bar and got a Mr. Pibb and a pretzel for ALL OF US to SHARE.  Have you ever gotten a drink from Sam's???  They are HUGE and cheap as dirt.  I mean, I got this ginormous drink (that I'd never be able to drink all of) and a pretzel for less than $2!  You can't beat that.  Anyways, we get to the car, I let Blake have a drink of the Mr. Pibb, take a few sips for myself and hand it off to Connor to hold on the way home.  Being the very sweet big brother that he is, he stretches his poor little arms as much as he can to let Blake have sips.  This goes on for about 1/2 the trip home.  Okay, the trip from Sam's to my house lasts about 5-7 minutes depending on the lights. 

Then, Blake steals the Mr. Pibb right out of Connor's poor arms that Connor has stretched out like Inspector Gadget trying to be sweet and now Blake will NOT give it back.  We get home and I'm ready for a few more sips of OUR Mr. Pibb.  WHAT?!?!?!  YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!  Blake has completely finished off this Mr. Pibb!!!!!  SERIOUSLY???  SERIOUSLY!!!  I have never been able to drink the entire drink.  Now, my poor little 19 month old who thought he was dying of thirst has completely finished off OUR Mr. Pibb.  Lesson learned.  Don't let Connor share the drink with Blake because it might get stolen and never returned.  Guess Blake couldn't believe how great a drink could taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment