Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Time!!

This past weekend, the boys and I traveled 3 1/2 hours to my hometown to celebrate my grandparents 68th wedding anniversary!  Can you believe that?  Well, that is for another post later in the week.  Anyway,  back to the story.  A friend (that I went to church and school with) and her husband have a fairly large farm that in the past couple of years have turned part of it into a pumpkin patch, fun place for kids to go kind of place.  It is only about 5 miles away from my parent's house, so on Saturday morning we headed out to have some fun there.  The boys had so much fun!  As soon as we got there, Andy was getting ready to load up the trailor to take load up to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins, so we jumped on too.

This little girl immediately went to Blake when he got on the
 trailor.  She wanted to hug him so bad but Blake was not interested at all!  I actually went to
school with her dad!  Small world!

My Little Buddy!

My Big Buddy!

Blake found his.  Funny, though...he said it was too big! 
He wanted a little one.  I think he wanted those little, itty, bitty ones

Blake and Pa looking for Pa's pumpkin


Connor and Mimi looking for Connor's pumpkin

The prize pumpkin!

Two happy boys

Family picture time

Trip back to the farm

Once we got back to the farm, the kids enjoyed some play time and animal petting zoo time.  I didn't get any picture of the petting zoo because my battery was dying and I had to save it for the great anniversary celebration the next day.










PERFECT landing

Hay Maze


The weather was perfect and we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment