Wednesday, October 12, 2011

68 Years!

On October 3, my grandparents celebrated their 68th anniversary!  Boy, that is a long time!!  If you are wondering...Grandmother is 86 and Granddaddy is 88.  On October 2, our family had a little anniversary celebration at their retirement home where they live.  Here are some sweet pictures from the day.

The Cake

The sweet couple

My boys with Gramps and Granny

Granddaddy and his brother Bobby
Funny story about Granddaddy and Bobby...Bobby came and sat down with Granddaddy.  Granddaddy looked over at him and said "How old are you now?  I know you are a little squirt, but how old?"  I thought I was going to die.  I laughed so hard!  Bobby's response was "7 years younger than you."  So, not sure if Bobby knew how old he was or not.  I just loved standing there and listening to them talk to each other.  They rarely get to see each other, so when they are together, I just love listening to them.

Two of the three granddaughters with the happy couple

The three boys with the happy couple

It was the most perfect day for them.  The weather was perfect and we had a great turnout for the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment