Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God's Money

Aaron and I are trying really hard to stress the importance of giving back to God to the kids.  So, every Sunday, the boys each get some money to turn in and give back to God.  Last Wednesday night we were sitting with our Minister of Administration (Mike) at church for supper.  After everyone had gone through the line, he took the box of money and sat it at the table with us while he finished eating.  I really don't remember the conversation that Connor and I had about this except to say that Mr. Mike took the money and kept it in a safe place.

Well, fast forward to the following Monday night.  Connor is in the shower and then out of nowhere asks me "Mom, does Mr. Mike have all of God's money?"  I just about lost it!  I laughed so hard!!  So, then I had to explain that no, Mr. Mike does not have all of God's money but he does make sure that all of the money that is given at our church is taken care of and given to the right people to make sure that others know about Jesus.

My heart just smiled.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I'm sure Dad would be proud to hear that Connor thinks so highly of him to have ALL of God's money.

    ReplyDelete