Friday, December 17, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I've really enjoyed decorating for Christmas this year.  Here is a look at how it looks around here this year.

This is our "formal" tree. 
Although you can't see it very well in this picture,
it has gold and burgundy balls and poinsettia leaves on it.

This Nativity Scene was given to us by Aaron's parents. 
It was hand-carved and purchased from the Philippines years ago
while Aaron's parents were stationed there.  There is also
a basket on this table that I put all of our Christmas
cards that we receive each year.

I just love my Willow Tree Nativity scene as well. 

Do you see Jingles?  He is inside Connor's stocking.  The boys thought
this was a great spot for Jingles.  Aaron's mom made each of these
stockings for us.  They are cross-stiched with our names.  I just love them!!

This is what I call our Tree of Memories.  It contains all of the ornaments
that Aaron's parents gave him each year until we got married, the ornaments
that Aaron's mom has given our boys every year, ornaments the boys
have made, a few from my childhood and then some others 
we've just gotten over the years from various people. 


I just love Christmas.  We really emphasize the true meaning of Christmas in our house, but also enjoy the magic of Santa.  Aaron and I are always looking for new traditions to start with our boys at Christmas.  I want my children to look back on their childhood and have such wonderful memories of Christmas.  Some of the traditions we have are our Elf, decorating for Christmas (Connor loves to look at all of Aaron's old ornaments!!), having the 12 days of Christmas with "Nana presents", making cookies for Santa, reading The Night Before Christmas before going to bed, reading the Bible story of Christmas on Christmas morning and having a birthday cake for Jesus. 

What heart-smiling moments we have already had this Christmas Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment