Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fun on the Square

Last weekend, our town had its annual Fall Fun Fest.  We always have a lot of fun.  We go on Friday night and enjoy some great barbecue.  This year Aaron decided against the barbecue and enjoyed a nasty polish sausage with all the nastiness put on it.  Definitely a guy meal.  Can't say I've ever seen a girl eat that before.  Then he decided as we were leaving he needed some fried oreos.  I had no intentions of eating one.  But, then I decided to just try it.  OH MY!  I really shouldn't have tried that.  I'm almost certain those will be in Heaven one day.   Aaron's mom went with us.  She loves kettle corn and found some there to get.  It appears I must be the only strange one in the family because I just don't care for kettle corn.  Just not my thing.  But everyone else just loved it.

Saturday we went back because the entire square downtown is dedicated to kid fun.  Tons of groups/organizations set up stations for the kids to do activities at.  Of course, my kids can't go anywhere that has balloons without gets one...or two...or what the heck...let's get as many as we can hold...



There is also a local pumpkin patch that has a corn maze, hay rides and all that fun stuff that always comes to the festivities and sets up a mini-maze.  Usually it is made out of hay, but this year they brought in corn and made a maze.  Here are some shots from that.



The kids always have a great time.  In fact, Connor asks throughout the year when we are going to the square to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment