Sunday, August 7, 2011

1st Grade

Well, school has started again.  Not sure where the summer went, but Connor is back in school once again.  It was a rocky first few days, though.  Connor got put in a great class.  He LOVED it.  He was in class with one of his great friends from last year.  He LOVED his teacher.  Then, while we were out for supper last Friday (after 3 full days of school), we were left a message on our answering machine that attendance was down and they had to dissolve Connor's class.  He was so upset.  I was upset.  What made it even worse was that when I checked my email I had a message from Connor's friends's mom saying that Evan had gotten a different teacher than Connor did in this change.  So, Connor was crushed AGAIN.  But, this past Monday, Connor went back to school and found out another friend from his old class was in this class too!  He has adjusted well and loves his new class.  I've only heard great things about this teacher.  She was Teacher of the Year last year.  So, that makes me feel good too.

Connor and myself before heading to school the first day

No comments:

Post a Comment